Consumers demand more from their food, and want to know where it comes from and how it’s grown. Field Stewards is an effective way for food companies to show customers their commitment to environmental sustainability in their supply chains by improving water quality and building a relationship with local farmers.
Companies participating in Field Stewards are investing in local farmers and demonstrating their commitment to environmental protection. Through this third-party verified and low-cost program, food companies can support clean water, meet changing consumer preferences and address water quality risks without having to make major changes in their supply chain or operations.
FIELD STEWARDS ALLOWS COMPANIES TO…
- Advance corporate sustainability goals without having to create expensive tracking systems and segregate raw materials in complicated supply chains
- Build a farmer-food company partnership with local farms to improve or retain water quality efforts
- Strengthen a company’s ties to their surrounding community by investing in the water resources a community depends on
- Use the Field Stewards story in public relations, marketing efforts and other sustainability communications
- Join a group of leading brands and organizations committed to clean water
PARTICIPATE IN FIELD STEWARDS
To get your company started or for more information on Field Stewards, contact Greg Bohrer at 612-334-3388 ext. 8112.