Food companies are facing a range of social and environmental challenges. Consumers are increasingly interested in making purchases that align with their social and environmental values, and at the same time, global freshwater supplies are increasingly at risk from both scarcity and pollution
Field Stewards is a low-cost and transparent way for your company to support clean water, meet changing consumer preferences and address water quality risks without having to make major changes in your supply chain or operations.
HOW IT WORKS
- A certificate is issued for each acre of corn or soybean production on farms that meet Minnesota Agricultural Water Quality Certification Program standards.
- Food companies purchase these certificates to support water quality protection on corn and soybean farms in their supply chains.
- Field Stewards distributes certificate sale proceeds to participating farmers based on their certified corn and soybean acreage.
- Farmers receive income from the sale of the certificates and positive recognition for their stewardship efforts.
- Food companies can integrate the Field Stewards story into public relations, marketing efforts and other corporate sustainability communications.
WHAT PARTICIPATING COMPANIES SAY
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Advance your corporate sustainability goals by managing water quality risks in your corn and soybean supply chain sourcing area.
- Help meet changing consumer preferences by adding a trustworthy brand attribute backed by transparent standards for water quality protection.
- Join a group of leading brands and organizations committed to clean water.
To get started or for more information contact Greg Bohrer at 612-334-3388 ext. 8112.